09/11/06 – Planning For 2007
Barely have we had time to get over the end of the season than it is time to start planning for next year. With Matt and Chris both turning 20 this year they will be too old to race SuperStock 600 in Europe in 2007. That means a move up to the 1000s which is quite a daunting task although one I’m sure they are both up to.
With plans to run two SuperStock 1000s and two SuperStock 600s it looks like 2007 is going to be a big year for MIST Suzuki Racing if everything goes to plan!
The search for sponsorship has been going on since August and various companies have shown an interest and a few more haven’t told us to get lost so fingers crossed for 2007.
Benefits of Sponsorship
- Largest all British motorcycle racing team in World SuperBike race paddock
- Competing at ten meetings across Europe and UK, over 750,000 race weekend attendees per season
- Two rounds in UK each year, approximately 180,000 race weekend attendees combined
- Brands Hatch round is regularly the largest one day sporting event in the UK
- Leading Suzuki Privateer team in 2006, awaiting confirmation of official support from Suzuki GB for 2007
- Considerable UK motorcycle press coverage during season across all main publications
- Widespread local press coverage in London and South East of England
- Significant internet presence across general and specialist motorcycle web sites
- Use of hospitality suite at Brands Hatch for World SuperBikes and other racing events
- Dedicated television coverage in UK and Europe (both digital and analogue) plus live internet feed video and live timing information
- Sponsor liveried team truck travelling 15,000 miles around UK and Europe during season
- Opportunity for competitions within one of the largest UK motorcycle magazine for sponsor liveried replica race bikes and other sponsor products
Team contracts with FG Sport are due at the end of the month so hopefully we’ll have a good idea of what we are doing by the middle of December.